|Exploding Shotgun Shell Injures Resident|
|By Major Shawn Kimmitz|
|April 18, 2022|
A Stafford resident received minor injuries after an out of control fire set off a discarded shotgun shell Friday afternoon.
On April 15th at 1:35 p.m. first responders were dispatched to an out of control fire on Indian View Court. An adult male was burning leaves in a fire pit and the fire escaped to a nearby hillside. The investigation revealed a live shotgun shell had been left on the ground and exploded from the heat, causing a pellet to strike the adult male.
The man was treated for a minor injury and the Fire Marshall’s Office investigated the incident. Thank you to Stafford County Fire and Rescue for their response to extinguish the fire and care for the injury.